DOCKER, DEVOPS & SECURITY IN ENTERPRISE
DELIVERY: CLASSROOM // DURATION: 3 DAYSDocker, Microservices, Kubernetes, DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Deployment/Delivery, Container – all of those terms heavily dominate modern application development teams and processes. This course will explain all of the mentioned terms and focus on the following main questions:
- How strong and reliable are the isolation capabilities of Docker/Linux/OS containers?
- How do containers affect typical application and network architectures?
- Which changes are introduced by the CI/CD/Microservice paradigm into traditional development environments?
- How does a typical CI/CD pipeline look?
- How can ”security“ be integrated into these new development/architecture paradigms?
- What additional attack surface and security challenges are introduced by the changed development landscape and additional tools?
LEARNING OBJECTIVESIT Security Professionals who want to
- Understand the technology behind the recent and common buzzwords listed above
- Be able to evaluate the isolation capabilities of container solutions
- Get ideas on how to integrate security into typical DevOps environments and continuous workflows
- Learn about potential security vulnerabilities in common practices and tools
- Understand the concerns of the security people
- Improve their development chain by adding automated security checks
- Due to the large amount of tools and technologies, this training will not be able to cover security aspects of every single technology in detail. However, we’re happy to receive specific questions before the course begins to potentially prepare additional material and you will get an overview of how to approach unknown/new technologies from a security perspective
TARGET AUDIENCEIT security professionals, software architects and developers
Course ContentDay 1, DevOps Technology Basics:
- What are DevOps & Microservices?
- Competitors / Technology overview (Docker, rkt, LXC, Windows Containers)
- Docker Ecosystem Overview (Docker Engine, containerd, runC, OCI)
- Docker Management
- Container & Images:
- Docker build process
- Docker run process
- Basic Networking
- Docker Compose: File reference and structure
- Docker Compose Services
- Docker Machine
- Docker Registries (Docker Registry, Nexus, Artifactory, et. al.)
- Docker Swarm: Overlay & Advanced Networking
- Application Stacks
- Rolling Upgrades
- Persistence Approaches
- Monitoring + Logging
- Container Management Solutions Overview: Marathon/Mesos/DC/OS
- Rancher/ Cattle / RancherOS
- Rancher/ Cattle / RancherOS
- Kubernetes Architecture: Cluster Management Mechanisms
- Network Plugin Infrastructure
- Detailed Overview of Contrail/Calico/Canal/Flannel
- Security Analysis, Attack surface and known attacks for: OS Container in general
- Docker & Docker Swarm
- Hardening (including attack surface reduction, secure management, access control) of: Linux Containers
- Docker Swarm
- Security and Sample Architecture of: Docker Swarm
- Supporting components (such as Registries and Distributed Configuration Management Systems)
- Integration of Security into agile/DevOps development and deployment processes: Governance Secrets
- Container Vulnerability Management
- Architecture Analysis
- Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines
PRE-REQUISITE FOR COURSE REGISTRATIONThe attendees should have basic knowledge of the Linux bash and a command line-based text editor (e.g. nano or vim), a system with WLAN and an SSH client (i.e. PuTTY) which is able to connect via SSH to systems in the Internet. For the exercises, we provide the needed infrastructure in a cloud environment which the attendees can connect to via SSH.
|Dates||Location||Language||Registration fee (plus VAT)|
|Jul 15 - 17, 2019||ISH Campus Munich Airport||German||2490€|
|Aug 26 - 28, 2019||ISH Campus Munich Airport||German||2490€|