Information Security Management
(based on ISO 27xxx / Critical Infrastructure Protection)
DELIVERY: CLASSROOM // DURATION: 3 DAYS
This course gives participants an in-depth understanding of the information security management systems based on ISO 27xxx and critical infrastructure protection standards based on national and EU laws.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the challenges of implementing an information security management system based on ISO 27xxx and critical infrastructure protection standards
- Conduct information security risk assessments
- Information and Information Security
- General introduction
- Terms and definitions, delimitation to adjacent areas (e.g., privacy protection)
- Why information security?
- Legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection (EPCIP), European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection, German IT-Sicherheitsgesetz / Kritis, etc.)
- Protection of information, protection requirements (confidentiality, availability, integrity, etc.)
- Standards for information security (ISO 2700x, German BSI Grundschutz, PCI-DSS, etc.).
- Integrated management system
- High-level structure of the ISO management system standards
- Similarities and differences between management system standards on the basis of the standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2012
- Information Security Management based on the 2700x series
- Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Core elements of the standard ISO 27001 (PDCA cycle, management framework, Annex A Controls / Measures)
- Best practice approach to implement an information security management system based on the ISO 2700x series of standards
- Organization of information security in the company
- Policies and processes in the ISMS
- Measurability and ISMS indicators based on ISO 27004:2009
- Brief introduction to business continuity management (according to the requirements in A.17 of ISO 27001, ISO 27031 and BSI 100-4).
- Information Security Risk Management based on the 2700x series
- General introduction to risk management
- Requirements for IS risk management according to ISO 27001, ISO 31000, ISO 27005 and other requirements (laws, other standards, etc.)
- Risk management for information security
- The risk management process (asset inventory, protection, threats, vulnerabilities, risk, risk treatment)
- Best practice for risk assessment
- Treatment of IS risks
- Selection of measures
- Detailed explanation of the process using case studies and self-performed risk analysis.
Target audiencePersons in charge of
- Information Security Management
- Information Security Risk Management
- IT Security
- IT Security Risk Management
- (Internal) Audits
- Data Privacy
Pre-requisite for course registration
- Participants should have basic knowledge of information security and/or IT security.
Certification: ISH ISMS Specialist DiplomaThe ISH ISMS Specialist Diploma provides participants with a broad and detailed understanding of implementing and maintaining an information security management system that complies with the international set of standards ISO 27xxx and critical infrastructure protection standards.
|Dates||Location||Language||Registration fee (plus VAT)|
|Aug 19 - 21, 2019||ISH Campus Munich Airport||German||2490€|
|Oct 21 - 23, 2019||ISH Campus Munich Airport||German||2490€|